New Position: Sales Engineer
Location: New York City area
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
The Sales Engineer position is an exciting opportunity for a candidate to join a dynamic, growing software team. The ideal candidate is someone who thrives in a challenging, fast paced, and collaborative environment. The primary responsibility of this position will be to provide technical sales support to key customer accounts, managing multiple projects, and taking personal responsibility for their success. The primary scope of the position is to manage the technical commissioning of projects from pre-sales to implementation. Reporting to the Program Manager, the Sales Engineer will be the customer’s primary contact and will be responsible for executing the customer account plan.
Immix customers involve a wide range of companies from different industries and backgrounds. They are primarily looking to improve their physical security operation and increase overall security situational awareness.This position is located in the greater New York City area and involves considerable travel (50%), representing the company at customer locations. The ideal candidate will have a solid background in software applications, understands IT networks, and various server systems and has experience working directly with customers.
- Managing customer accounts – ensuring projects are delivered on time and budget. Ensuring customer satisfaction is high, measured by their willingness to be a reference account.
- Identifying growth opportunities within customer accounts and developing plans to realize this growth.
- Managing and interpreting customer requirements. The ability to document these requirements in a technical scope is key.
- Providing training and producing support material for the sales team.
- Providing support to the sales team through technical presentations and product demonstrations.
- Supporting the sales team by attending trade shows, conferences and other events.
- Identifying for new clients opportunities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in Systems Engineering or IT-related fields.
- 3 or more years of experience in a technical pre-sales support role.
- Experience deploying and supporting software applications.
- Working knowledge configuring and troubleshooting networks.
- Working knowledge of Windows Server, SQL Server, and VM environments.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Desirable:
- Relevant Microsoft or Networking Certification.
- Experience with security products such as IP cameras, DVRs, VMSs, and Access Control systems.
If interested, please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org