Title of Position: Systems Engineer (software)
Job Location: Tampa FL
Salary based on experience
SureView Systems is an international security surveillance Software Company. The company manufactures, sells, and supports Immix™ a video based automation and integration software platform for commercial alarm monitoring stations and private command centers. SureView concentrates on three principal markets which include, commercial monitoring stations, large corporate organizations that manage their own command centres, and integrators offering blended technology services to their customers. SureView partners with manufacturers, integrators, and global security organizations to distribute the Immix™ platform and deliver world-class security solutions. Since its launch in 2003, the Immix™ platform now protects thousands of customer locations across the globe and SureView’s Immix™ platform has become the de facto integration solution for video-centric monitoring stations.
The company is committed to the development of the Immix™ platform to ensure its capabilities continue to maintain market leadership within a rapidly evolving market space and meet the needs dictated by increasingly complex customer requirements. The company’s future direction and growth will be driven through strategic alliances and successfully targeting large commercial enterprises. SureView is an International organization with offices in Tampa Florida USA and Swansea, Wales, UK.
The Systems Engineer position is an exciting opportunity for a candidate to join a dynamic, growing software team. The ideal candidate is someone who thrives in a challenging, fast paced collaborative environment. The primary responsibility of this position will be to provide technical product support to key customer accounts, managing multiple projects and taking personal responsibility for their success. The primary scope of the position is to install, commission and refine Immix systems in test or production environments. This includes but is not limited to comprehensive end user training, system testing, deployment of new software releases and supporting the Program Manager in executing the overall project plan.
Immix customers include companies from different industries and backgrounds looking to improve their physical security operation and increase overall security situational awareness.
This position is Tampa based but will involve considerable travel (75%) and responsibility to represent the company at the customer locations throughout the United States and Canada. As a result there will be an opportunity to earn a premium of up to 30% salary increase during any prolonged travel assignments.
The ideal candidate will also have a solid background in software applications and the ability to work directly with customers, They will need to understand IT networks and various server systems as well as be comfortable troubleshooting and dealing with software support issues. This person would also need to be comfortable with security systems including VMS and Access control.
- Key Responsibilities:
- Manage projects to ensure project goals and customer expectations are met
- Install and commission the Immix software for global customers
- Assist the customer with system wide rollouts and updates
- Deliver user training sessions and assist in the development of customer driven training documentation
- Provide front line customer support and troubleshooting for all reported issues
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in Systems Engineering or IT-related fields
- Experience deploying and supporting security software applications
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting networks
- Experience with Windows Server, SQL Server, and VM environments
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Desirable:
- CompTIA A+ certification
- Relevant Microsoft or Networking Certification
- Experience working with support ticket systems
- Experience with security products such as IP cameras, DVRs, CCTV, VMSs, and Access Control systems
If interested, please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org