“I was taken on at Sureview in late 2013 as a junior integrations developer, coming from a background in C++ and game development my main responsibilities at the time was learning C#, Web Development and creations of device integrations into the SureView platform.
Since starting at SureView I have had a very aggressive progression path in terms of both education and responsibility, this has led me to holding the positions (respectively) of Jr Integrations developer, Developer, API Support Engineer, Lead API Developer, Partnership Programme Manager, Deputy CC Development Manager and finally Strategic Account Development Manager. The ability to actively push myself forward within the company has been one of the greatest aspects of the job.
Recently I have had the opportunity to perform an extensive amount of travel and become an on-site resource for customers, this has allowed me to spend many months living in Silicon Valley - California working on site at multiple customers. Included in this travel has also been trips to training courses and large security events such as IFSEC.
During my time at SureView I've been fortunate enough to have direct influence over the product, work environment, social events and my personal progression path. We are a small well-knitted team which allows every member to not only have a voice but make a difference in the day to day running of the company and direction of our product. Working at SureView is fast-paced, exciting, demanding and above all rewarding. It's an environment I would recommend to anyone with a passion for problem solving and a drive to succeed.”
I joined the Sureview team in 2011 as a Web Developer; at this time the product was transitioning from a client-server based architecture to the more flexible web-based Cloud solution available today. Since then I've progressed to become the Lead Core Developer and Scrum Master.
During my time at Sureview I've been able to travel internationally to work alongside customers to develop solutions, travel to our Tampa Bay office to work with our US team and attend trade shows to keep up to date with our industry. In recent years, I've been heavily involved in R&D projects, including mapping, mobile and the latest in video technology; all of which allow us to deliver innovative solutions that meet the security needs of our customers; a list of whom contains companies in the Fortune 500 list, along with a few household names.
While working to provide solutions for these large organizations, we're often tasked with overcoming operational and technical challenges that are completely unique, rarely does a 'one size fits all' approach work, this means our day-to-day work remains fresh and interesting!”
Systems Engineer (software)
Job Location: Customer site – Menlo Park, CA
Salary based on experience
The Systems Engineer position is an exciting opportunity for a candidate to join a dynamic, growing software team. The ideal candidate is someone who thrives in a challenging, fast paced collaborative environment. The primary responsibility of this position will be to provide technical product support to a key customer account onsite, managing multiple projects within that organization across the country over a 2 year roll out. As well as taking personal responsibility for the success of the account. The primary scope of the position is to install, commission and refine SureView installation in test or production environments. This includes but is not limited to comprehensive end user training, system testing, deployment of new software releases and supporting the onsite Project Manager in executing the overall project plan.
This position is Menlo Park, CA based and involves the responsibility to represent the company at the customer location with onsite SureView support.
The ideal candidate will also have a solid background in software applications and the ability to work directly with customers. They will need to understand IT networks and various server systems as well as be comfortable troubleshooting and dealing with software support issues. This person would also need to be comfortable with security systems including Genetec ACC VMS and CCure 9000 Access control.
- Key Responsibilities:
- Manage projects to ensure project goals and customer expectations are met
- Install and commission the Sureview software across each region
- Assist the customer with system wide rollouts and updates
- Deliver user training sessions and assist in the development of customer driven training documentation across each region
- Provide front line customer support and troubleshooting for all reported issues for the enterprise
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- 3+ years experience in a technical engineering role.
- Able to professionally represent the company in front of customers and partners.
- Able to attend customer locations.
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in Systems Engineering or IT-related fields
- Good analytical problem solving skills.
- Experience deploying and supporting security software applications
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting networks
- Experience with Windows Server, SQL Server, and VM environments
- Able to write comprehensive customer facing documentation
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Desirable:
- CompTIA A+ certification
- Relevant Microsoft or Networking Certification
- Experience working with support ticket systems
- Experience with security products such as IP cameras, DVRs, CCTV, VMSs, and Access Control systems
If interested, please submit resume to email@example.com