In uncertain times, it’s difficult for security leaders to embark on a large project to overhaul their operations. Delivering Software-as-a-Service is quick and eliminates many of the roadblocks that plague large software projects, including:
- No long lead times waiting for IT teams to deploy and configure complex network projects
- No large capital expenditure to plan, promote, and capture multi-level approvals because now, most SaaS platforms can be purchased via an opex budget
- No expensive on-premise servers to purchase and maintain
- Accessibility across the organization’s network
Platforms delivered through SaaS eliminate the entire IT infrastructure portion of a project, allowing operations teams to focus their plan on what the software actually delivers: improving workflow, performance, compliance, communication, and in the case of a PSIM, security outcomes.
By eliminating the management and maintenance of an IT infrastructure, the software can grow and adapt rapidly to changing circumstances. You’re no longer tied to a release schedule that requires coordination with IT engineers or one that requires operations teams to plan months in advance. New features and functions are constantly made available with zero operational downtime or waiting for maintenance windows to open.
In addition, SaaS services allow any organization to start small and grow. Companies only pay for what they use. This flexibility ensures that a SaaS PSIM can change and grow in step with evolving security requirements.
Additionally, by its very nature, SaaS can be accessed securely from anywhere. No matter how widely dispersed your team, they’ll all be looking at the same screen—allowing them to respond together and make instant decisions. By accessing their PSIM securely through their browser, teams are able to build resilient operations that can change and adapt at a moment’s notice without affecting the responsibilities they have to their organization.
Download the full whitepaper, Next-Gen PSIM: Top 10 Things Leading Command Centers Expect Today, to learn more.
- NEXT-GEN PSIM: Top 10 Things Leading Command Centers Expect Today
- NEXT-GEN PSIM Top 10: #2 – Scaling
- NEXT-GEN PSIM Top 10: #3 – Breaking the Cycle of Obsolescence
- NEXT-GEN PSIM Top 10: #4 – Remove the Noise
- NEXT-GEN PSIM Top 10: #5 – Design for Agility
- NEXT-GEN PSIM Top 10: #6 – Dynamic Resource Allocation
- NEXT-GEN PSIM Top 10: #7 – Sharing and Collaboration
- NEXT-GEN PSIM Top 10: #8 – Leveraraging AI
- NEXT-GEN PSIM Top 10: #9 – Make Mapping Intuitive
- NEXT-GEN PSIM Top 10: #10 – Mobility