Scalability is second on our list of top 10 requirements that successful companies seek for their Next-Gen PSIMs. For on-premise PSIM deployments, the question of scaling can get complex quickly. Security teams need to work closely with IT to deliver configurations that can scale up and out to address system demand, all the while having the redundancy to failover when a system or network outages occur. This can be costly and time-consuming for teams that do not have the capabilities and resources to plan, implement, and maintain.
When software is delivered as a service, the complexities of scaling are effectively eliminated. The cloud infrastructure that runs SaaS applications has been designed to allow applications to scale almost indefinitely in response to increases in load. As load increases, the system automatically allocates additional resources so application performance is not impacted. Additionally, Cloud-based software has multiple layers of redundancy to ensure that if an outage occurs the impact on users is very minimal. Cloud providers like AWS and Azure have also built a business model that delivers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS,) so applications can be delivered at scale for a fraction of the cost and complexity of internally-maintained systems.
At SureView we utilize the secure and scalable infrastructure of AWS to deliver our Next-Gen PSIM platform. Using their Auto Scaling technology allows us to maintain optimal application performance and availability, even when traffic is unpredictable and continuously changing.
Download the full whitepaper, Next-Gen PSIM: Top 10 Things Leading Command Centers Expect Today, to learn more.
- NEXT-GEN PSIM: Top 10 Things Leading Command Centers Expect Today
- NEXT-GEN PSIM Top 10: #1 – Deploy Immediately Through SaaS
- NEXT-GEN PSIM Top 10: #3 – Breaking the Cycle of Obsolescence
- NEXT-GEN PSIM Top 10: #4 – Remove the Noise
- NEXT-GEN PSIM Top 10: #5 – Design for Agility
- NEXT-GEN PSIM Top 10: #6 – Dynamic Resource Allocation
- NEXT-GEN PSIM Top 10: #7 – Sharing and Collaboration
- NEXT-GEN PSIM Top 10: #8 – Leveraraging AI
- NEXT-GEN PSIM Top 10: #9 – Make Mapping Intuitive
- NEXT-GEN PSIM Top 10: #10 – Mobility