First-generation PSIMs were often designed to “replicate” much of the functionality of the subsystems that they integrated with. As organizations grew, these interfaces quickly became cluttered, confusing, and often overwhelmed operators with data. As more systems were integrated with the PSIM, the situation only became more complex—quite the reverse of the original intent.
Not surprisingly this also ran counter to the primary mission of operators in security command centers—being able to respond quickly, concisely, and consistently.
The last thing they needed was a security system that forced them to sort through so much data that they were slowed down. What was required was a UI that supports workflow and presents only the information needed to manage the event. This is where the design of the PSIM interface is critical. It should make operational tasks simpler and clearer, vastly improving the speed and quality of response.
At SureView we designed our interface to show operators only the information relevant to the event, filtering out the “noise” and focusing on the critical data. This checks off number 4 on our list of top 10 requirements that successful companies have for their Next-Gen PSIM.
A REAL-WORLD EXAMPLE OF HOW WE’VE HELPED
By using their Next-Gen PSIM to radically simplify security operations, one global technology firm was able to decrease its average event duration from 3min 30sec per event to under 30 seconds!—a massive uplift in operational performance and service quality. They also reported that operators were able to monitor locations without local knowledge—facilitating resource sharing without compromising results. That’s what’s possible when you reduce the noise.
Download the full whitepaper, Next-Gen PSIM: Top 10 Things Leading Command Centers Expect Today, to learn more.
- NEXT-GEN PSIM: Top 10 Things Leading Command Centers Expect Today
- NEXT-GEN PSIM Top 10: #1 – Deploy Immediately Through SaaS
- NEXT-GEN PSIM Top 10: #2 – Scaling
- NEXT-GEN PSIM Top 10: #3 – Breaking the Cycle of Obsolescence
- NEXT-GEN PSIM Top 10: #5 – Design for Agility
- NEXT-GEN PSIM Top 10: #6 – Dynamic Resource Allocation
- NEXT-GEN PSIM Top 10: #7 – Sharing and Collaboration
- NEXT-GEN PSIM Top 10: #8 – Leveraraging AI
- NEXT-GEN PSIM Top 10: #9 – Make Mapping Intuitive
- NEXT-GEN PSIM Top 10: #10 – Mobility